5 things to see and to do in Sitges
BE APARTMENT offers you the best luxury apartments and the most elegant experience in Sitges, Barcelona and other Spanish and European towns and cities!
For an amazing stay in Sitges we offer you the most elegant Luxury Apartments that we have so you can enjoy comfort, design and security that BE APARTMENT provides you.
Sitges is a small coastal town very close to Barcelona and famous for its carnivals, beaches and nightlife. Decades ago, Sitges was a fishing village with a privileged location as it is sheltered by the Garraf massif. This location was described by the Greek navigators. During the 14th and 15th centuries, Sitges suffered many wars and epidemics, which caused the loss of population, but French immigrants made the city grow and in less than 100 years the population was multiplied by three. In the 19th and 20th century, Sitges attracted more industry, but the cosmopolitan prestige of the city began thank to Santiago Rusiñol, a painter, writer and collector who settled in the town, turning it into a meeting place for different artists of the time. If you had thought that Sitges was just sun and beach, let us tell you that there is much more! Not to mention that you are 30 minutes from Barcelona by train or by car.
1) Sitges has 26 beaches, which are the main tourist attraction of the town. There are beaches for all tastes, from family to nudist and divided on the beaches of Levante, the center and the west. If you feel like taking a walk and it is not too hot you can go all walking.
2) The museums in Sitges are always organizing something like free jazz concerts and other interesting activities. So it is advisable to visit its website to see what there is during days that you are visiting! The museu Cau Ferrat was founded by the artist Santiago Rusiñol in 1893. Nowadays we can see the different collections he had been gathering over the years. There are works made in wrought iron, ceramics, glass, or more modern ones like paintings, drawing, sculpture. You can find works by Picasso, Catalan artists, French artists, anonymous artists and Rusiñol himself. In the Maricel Museum you will see works from the 10th century up to the realism epoque and the first half of the 20th century with the collections of Dr. Jesus Perez-Rosales and the Villa de Sitges. Other museums that you can visit in Sitges are the Romantic Museum, the Palic of Maricel, Stämpfli Foundation.
3) Did you know that the Barcardí family comes from Sitges? Yes, those who created the famous white rum! The visit to Casa Bacardi is a must in Sitges. They tell you about the story of Facundo Bacardi, who was born in Sitges and immigrated to Cuba in the mid-19th century. He is the founder of the Bacardi House in Cuba and today his family continues with the business he founded in 1862. During the visit you will learn how to prepare Bacardi rum and try some of its ingredients. At the end of the visit you are taught to prepare cocktails and then you prepare one for yourself and you can drink it quietly on the terrace.
4) The wineries Vilarnau. You can take a segway tour in the vineyards where you have the opportunity to see the vines and the grapes. Then you take a walking tourthey where you will be explained the fundamental concepts of vine making and then you will be taken inside the warehouses to find out how the manufacturing process is. Do you know the difference between cava, sparkling wine and normal wine? If you do not know, you will learn everything. And of course, there is a degustation in the end!
5) Do not forget the commercial zone of the town. Sitges has a nice shopping area which is located in the downtown. There are a lot of restaurants, bars, clothing stores and souvenirs. Along with that, there is the Port d´aiguadolç which is very chic and full of luxury restaurants and bars.
Do not loose the opportunity to enjoy Sitges! If you´ve decided to spend few days in the town you can always stay in our luxury apartments by BE APARTMENT, the best luxury apartments in Spain.