Most Interesting Gastronomic Markets of Madrid
BE APARTMENT offers you the best luxury apartments and the most elegant experience in Madrid and other European cities, come and enjoy it with us!
During these recent years the concept of "market" has stopped relating to street and neighborhood markets, which has become fashionable and luxurious places. That's why I could not miss this list with the best markets in Madrid, which you should visit at least once. For an amazing stay in Madrid we offer you the most elegant Luxury Apartments that we have distributed throughout the city so you can enjoy comfort, design and security that BE APARTMENT provides you.
1. San Miguel Market - The Classic One.
In the heart of Madrid, next to the Plaza Mayor and just a few steps from Puerta del Sol, you can find the mythical San Miguel Market. The building preserves its metallic structure, maintaining its origins. Its reform of 2009 was a success, the proof of it are thousands of tourists visiting this old market and having some tapas and drinks. It has a wide variety of positions, from meat and fish to cosmetics! Although it is true that it is not the most economic market of all, it is perfect to make a stop on a day of sightseeing in Madrid.
2. San Antón Market - The Modern One.
Located in the Chueca neighborhood of Madrid, this is one of the most fashionable markets right now. Mercado de San Antón offers a multitude of gastronomic products, from the most basic to the sophisticated ones. It is a place where tradition merges with modernity. It has 3 floors: on the first you can buy products of the best quality; on the second you can have tapas and on the roof floor, you can enjoy the views from the terrace. It´s perfect for summer, although in winter you can also visit it thanks to the stoves. On the last floor there is also a restaurant "La cocina de San Antón" where you can have cooked the products that you have bought at the market!
3. San Ildefonso Market: The Uban One.
This market was born as a concept of leisure, enjoyment and socialization in the style of a street food market and was designed as an authentic extension of the cosmopolitan Fuencarral street where it´s located. Its main differentiator is its smaller positions, designed for tastings and not for shopping, although there is an option of take away. The structure has several open floors, especially the 2nd and the 3rd, create a perfect atmosphere for you, gourmets. What we liked most are its interior patios, hidden and enchanted, where you can enjoy your cocktail or your tapa. You´ll have a 100% casual and chic atmosphere that you can not miss!
4. Platea Madrid - The Innovator One. It´s a large multi-gastronomic space, located in the old cinema Carlos III. With a capacity for more than 1,000 people, 5 floors with a great gastronomic variety offered. This market located in the Golden Mile of Madrid is divided into 2 well differentiated spaces, "Platea Dulce (Sweet)" and "Platea Salada (Salted)". Platea Dulce is directed by well-known pastry chef Alejandro Montes, while Platea Salada is ideal for tapas or main courses, there you can taste both national and international dishes. There are live musical performances and the best panoramas from the first amphitheater where is located the restaurant "Arriba" and the second amphitheater with "El Palco", a cocktail bar. Above these 2 floors there is a "Smoking Area", which along with 2 previous ones corresponds to the old floors with cinema seats.
5. Moncloa Market - The Discovery One.
The Market of Moncloa is an original proposal of culinary leisure in the district of Chamberí. It is distributed in 3spaces. On the main floor we can find a patisserie, bakery, Italian and Iberian products, not forgetting the Central Kiosk. On the second floor, we there is American food, Japanese food and wines! Finally, there is a lower floor where you can enjoy quality Galician products and the market-restaurant, which offers a menu of 10 euros during the week, one of the best options by Moncloa. In addition, as a final auction, the market has a terrace with one of the best views of Madrid and also organizes tailor made events, concerts from Thursday to Sunday, book presentations, exhibitions, workshops, parties and vermouth sessions.
6. The Garden of Lucas - The Ecological One.
"The first medicine is food." This is the philosophy of the Garden of Lucas, a market of organic food located in the heart of Chueca neighborhoods. A traditional grocery store where all the stands have been carefully selected and only 100% organic products of the highest quality are sold. In this area dedicated to health care and environment we can find everything from bakery, fruits and vegetables, butchery-poultry to a "dry product store", a cosmetics and beauty center, among other things. We can also find an organic bar by chef Javier Muñoz-Calero, who offers organic products and quick cooking, so you can enjoy it at the market itself or as a take away.
If you´ve decided to spend few days in Madrid you can always stay in our Luxury Apartments by BE APARTMENT in the centre of the city, the best luxury rentals in the city.